We decided to fix up our very little backyard so our kids could have a fun place to play this summer. We had lots of fun cleaning the place up. We were lucky that there were not to many weeds to pull!
Before:




Don't be deceived by the pictures! It was actually a lot more work than it looks. We had to remove all the wood chips which Ann and I did. Dallas did most of the weeding and he got rid of all the over grown plants that were popping up wherever they pleased. I rearranged all those cement stones to where I wanted them and replanted my Irises that Dallas almost killed. I also kept some of the wood chips that I thought made the flower bed look really nice.
Whoever put down the wood chips didn't care to clean up first... I found some crazy things:
A bendy straw, bubble blower, lots of wrappers and plastic, an old yucky sock, duct tape, a toy shovel and lots of big rocks. I even dug up a big hunk of cement.
During:


We turned the dirt (or I should say yucky, muddy, clay) and racked it out and it looked so nice. Then it rained before we got the sod in. It rained hard. There were puddles everywhere and we ended up having to turn it again before we could do all this:


After:

(Anyone need some sod? We have 3 extra rolls that I think are still thriving. I can't bring myself to throw them out!)


Evan and Kiah love to be outside, and they both love water! We bought Evan a little watering can today and he can't get enough of it, our poor flowers are going to drown! He is such a hard worker and he loved helping us out!
3 comments:
Your yard looks great! Hard work really paid off. Looks much better than ours...we don't really have grass, just weeds. But it works for now. Good job!
Good job! That looks like such a fun project. Sod needs a lot of watering, so Evan should be happy for awhile.
Impressive! Your yard looks great! I want to play back there with Evan and the water hose!
Post a Comment