July in a nutshell
I feel like I've blogged a lot this month, but there is a lot I haven't shared yet. Here is to a very fun, but WAY TOO HOT July...
Staying up late to catch fireflies...
Swim party and BBQ with friends on July 4th...
Cotton candy... there's just something about that stuff, Mmmm...
Watching fireworks with friends...
Balloons and face paints at the Riverfest...
Drawing with window crayons. Evan has a tear rolling down his cheek because Makiah kept drawing over his words. Evan has been writing and drawing constantly. He is always making someone a card or trying to figure out how to spell new words. He LOVES it....
Bus tour with our ward playgroup...
And another round of Swimming lessons...
Evan bought goggles (or "govles" as he calls them) with his own money the other day and was so excited to use them. He has a hard time getting them on the right way though and won't leave them on. He loves them though and is always asking if he can go to the pool with his daddy.
The kids did such a great job with swimming this time around (they did before too, but they have learned so much more). Evan isn't afraid to go under the water and Makiah isn't afraid to get her face or head wet. They followed directions and listened much better. Makiah wasn't afraid to try everything without having help first. I could see a big improvement with both of them. They will miss swimming... but I need a break from sitting out in the sun! We chose the hottest two weeks to have swimming lessons.

3 comments:
That's the best July ever! (:
What a fun month! I love the family picture and oh, the one with the tear. Seems to catch the moment perfectly.
That looks like a fun summer month--although I agree, it's been TOO HOT! Glad you've all been keeping cool!
Post a Comment