Saturday, February 15, 2014

V-day

We've had a crazy winter. Endless snow and temps below zero. At times there were wind chill warnings of -40°. Evan hadn't had a full week of school since before Christmas, there has been holidays, two hour delays or school cancellations each week. On days when it feels "warmer" than usual I realize how crazy cold its been when I see that "warmer" is actually 15°.

Anyway, because of this cold we thrive on fun days and things to look forward to. Valentines day was yesterday, it was relieving to have a simple holiday to enjoy.

Our kids woke up to treats and little gifts. Dallas loves getting stuff for the kids on holidays like this, so we might have gone a little over board, but that's ok. The kids had fun at school passing out Valentines, the girls and I had lunch with friends, decorated cupcakes and then the kids went to a date night babysitting group while Dallas and I went to dinner. Dallas got me a Wii sports game that has volleyball on it so I was extra happy (:

So yes. Fun day, we needed it for sure.







3 comments:

Alison February 16, 2014 at 4:35 PM  

Tell those cute kids we love them! :)

Rossatron February 17, 2014 at 12:07 AM  

I think Dallas got that from our Mom. She was awesome like that and would give us presents for those off-beat holidays, too.

Jessica February 22, 2014 at 2:58 PM  

I'll tell them Alison :) Thanks!

Ross, he did get it from your mom. He is always telling me how fun Valentines day and St. Patrick's day were at your house. He also loves to be the one to overfill the stockings on Christmas :)

about me

My photo
I am a wife to an amazing guy and a mother to three children. I love life and the things it has to offer. Lifestyle photography is one of my favorite pastimes. I especially love to share my love for photography through blogging. Feel free to stop by one of my blogs and say hi!

Jessica Bateman Photography

Jessica Bateman Photography
Click on the photo to see my latest photo session...

My THREE crazies- I love them!

My THREE crazies- I love them!

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP