Monday, April 5, 2010

Wish me luck......

....because I am starting this potty business AGAIN with Evan. It was getting out of hand and Evan and I could hardly stand it anymore. We went on a break for awhile and now I think I am ready to go at it again. He has already earned 3 stickers and tomorrow we are going to start doing underwear while we are at home. Other then that it's pull ups and I am okay with that. I've decided that I can' rush Evan. He will figure this all out on his own. Here is his chart :) He gets an ice cream cone for going #1 10 times and a new yellow truck if he goes #2 5 times (that one might take him awhile, but he sure wants that truck!)



Evan helped me decorate it... he loves to cut and glue... I need to get him some kid scissors...





Last week he had a Blues Clues movie from the library. He loved one of the episodes that was "All About Me." In that episode they made a "Big Book About Us," Evan quickly decided that he needed to make a big book about us. I ignored it the first time (I know, I am so boring) but the second time he watched it he jumped up and said "I want to make a big book about us!" He didn't even finish the movie because we were too busy making these collages :)




I know, they aren't the neatest things in the world... but Evan is sure proud of them :)

One more thing about Evan... Last year at about this time he started to pray on his own. It was so cute and he insisted on praying all the time. Then by the end of the summer he randomly stopped praying. He would fold his arms but he wouldn't say the prayer. He sure has a strong will, once he decides something there isn't anything that will change his mind (which is why we stopped with the whole potty thing). We eventually ignored it and finally, just this past month, he has started to pray on his own again! We usually cannot ask him to pray, it has to be his own idea. I think if we do the same thing with the potty and not push him then eventually he will decide that it is something he wants to do :) I guess this is something I will have to remember, especially during those teenage years... the boy sure has a strong will!

2 comments:

Barbara April 5, 2010 at 9:57 PM  

You are good parents to be patient and not worry. What a sweet boy.

Weigel April 6, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

i love that he is so creative and interested in "crafts". Awesome. Good luck with the potty!!!

about me

My photo
I am a wife to an amazing guy and a mother to three children. I love life and the things it has to offer. Lifestyle photography is one of my favorite pastimes. I especially love to share my love for photography through blogging. Feel free to stop by one of my blogs and say hi!

Jessica Bateman Photography

Jessica Bateman Photography
Click on the photo to see my latest photo session...

My THREE crazies- I love them!

My THREE crazies- I love them!

Followers

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP