Daphne... Day 1
I will hopefully be posting Daphne's birth story soon. But for now I just want to post pictures :) My family is just dying to see more of baby girl. I honestly didn't even touch my camera the first day... who can blame me? Dallas took a few pictures for me just less than an hour after birth...
She looks so much like my other kids did. I think of Evan every time I look at her. She was practically the same size he was, and she looks so much like his baby pictures. Because of this I tried to talk Dallas into naming her Daphne Eva... but in the end Juliet won out. I really do love the name Daphne Juliet and it sounds so cute when the kids say it.
Later that night the kids came to meet Daphne :) Kim came along and took some more pictures for us. It was so nice not having to worry about the camera and just enjoying the time with my family. The kids were thrilled to see Daphne. They loved holding her and Makiah just wanted to feed and change her. They brought me some cute cards that they made earlier that day. It was so nice to have my family all together.
Dallas went home with the kids that night, which was probably good for him to get some sleep. If he would've stayed with me I probably would've kept him up all night. I had a hard time sleeping after such an overwhelming day. Thoughts from the day kept going through my mind. I got about 3 hours of sleep that night as well as the night before.




4 comments:
Okay, I'm in love!! I love her beautiful little face, I love her little onsie, I love Kiah's face in the picture where she is holding Daphne, I love that Evan is in love with Daphne, I really love the picture of you holding Daphne for the first time, where you are so emotional, (my heart just bursts with joy)! And I love Dallas' smile in the next one. I just love your sweet little family! I can't wait to meet Daphne!
Congrats on your new little angel! She has the sweetest face. Your pictures are beautiful!
Now that I've seen her, I love to go back and see these pictures. She is absolutely an angel. Beautiful!
Post a Comment